Sunday, January 30, 2011

My DEN

What a week! It is now official that my most busiest days in the week are Thursdays and Fridays! Bummer!! Anyways, once I am done handing in my lab report at 5pm on Friday, I finally feel okay to breathe. I have already organized my Spring Break vacation! I am going to LA, California, baby!!!!!! The best part is I am bringing my boyfriend with me and that he is going to listen to my best friend, Carishma's stunning voice! I am really looking forward to play and sing along her piano that we have been doing when we were in Malaysia and now, over Skype!

My second informative speech is coming up and I am wondering what to talk about.. As for 'the best thing in life' essay, I finally sent in my 1st draft. "the best thing in life is to have a voice," I wrote. The three handsome classmates of mine gave good reviews on it saying that it was an excellent piece! Paper 2 is coming up as well and I have not started that. Well, I just came to realize that I love music. Jokes aside. "Who doesn't?" you might say but for the past week, I have been walking, studying, blogging with more fire and ice when I am listening to music.

Valentine's Day is two weeks away and I wonder if I will have a Valentine this year. However, I know I will have a constant Valentine every year, by the name, Usha Kethurajah. She is turning 50 this 6th February and it hurts to not be by her side shouting and screaming at her at the top of my voice by not doing the house chores. I love you, ma! Thank you for being my mum for the past two decade of your 5-decade life and continuing!

I might be dancing again! Hindi songs obviously!!! Suddenly I am missing Varnisha, my cousin whom I prefer to go as 'my other half'. She is now giving me suggestions on what to do with my hair. How astonishing is that this 15 year old lady can make me feel so happy despite just listening to her bubbly voice over the phone, 5 minutes ago. I miss you, Var! I hope you have a good break!

The internet connection in my apartment has turned its back on me. I have been staying up in uni and going back home just to sleep. I have decided to continue doing this because I can reduce my electricity usage this way! Spending my time alone in this place that I call 'my den', I feel that I have finally started doing what I came to the USA for! I have been reaching out to myself a lot! I have been finding myself....searching..and searching.....I have not found anything yet but I am liking this research alot! I know I am on a road to somewhere but as always, its the climb that have always mattered to me and not the destination. Along this road, I have met so many new things, new emotions, new humans and a new God-one that now I know hears out to me!

I close my eyes and picture home,
I close my eyes and picture my boyfriend,
I close my eyes and picture my family and friends,
I close my eyes and picture God,
I close my eyes and picture dancing,
And then I realize that I can even picture all of these with my eyes open
Because it is not a dream.

No comments: