Monday, February 21, 2011

MY Home!


Seven months away from home and with all the emails that have been flooding my inbox about the nation's state has not been making me worried at all. You name it; interlok, the video of an indian-boy forced to say Keling-babi, the inequality that many adults feel and spit on, the Valentine's Day drama, the snakes in the cabinet that not only just hiss around but also bite you after serving their 'venom' on silver plates. Enough said. Just by writing those down, a wave of negativity just flushed down my throat. Another event just flashed in my head: people leaving to other nations despite having lived here for decades. They are frustrated, I understand. I am not.

Politics has lost its purpose and has gain many dirty names in the past decade. Politics has to serve the common good and not only the parties that will favor them. Someone told me that only politicians can make changes to the nation and asked me if did I know of anyone who is not a politician but has done change? And so I replied, "How about Citizen Nades?" And to that, he replied that that journalist is only exposing matters but how well do we know if actions are being processed to curb that matter. This got me thinking, thinking alot! Speaking out and up is one thing and creating a proper response from the person it was intended to is another thing and making that person to make PROPER action is another thing too!

Sometimes I wonder why can't we all act under the human race instead of this entity that divides us by our skin color and where our ancestors came from. In the end, we are all going to die and face God. Richard Bach said that to test whether your mission on Earth is finished; IF YOU'RE ALIVE, IT ISN'T! Then again, politics looks like a game to me; you gotta play dirty to win it. But the nation's development is not a game but an adventure. An adventure of experiments and love. For the betterment of a nation, many things should and could be done but there is ALWAYS a barrier to do good things in this country. SAD FACT! Whenever an election comes around, candidates go around the housing areas of their representing seat. They promise a better, advanced city. Totally BS when you ask me about this act of campaigning! THOSE WHO GO AROUND CAMPAIGNING THAT THEY ARE THIS AND THEY ARE THAT ARE LOSERS. Why is it that I have never seen you on TV for doing something good before? Don't give me this **** that TV only highlights main events! If you are 'brainy' enough to go door to door and beg for votes, why not show your worth without the intention of running for election the next month? Once you have COMMITTED yourself to community service for years without expecting petrol cards and free entrance for movie premieres, then you can say that you are ready for elections! As a soon-to-be voter, I DEMAND that you don't show your face in elections if you have not been known for the good deeds that you have done by EVERYONE in your city. I DEMAND to vote for the person who has no monetary interest in politics. The salary that you get, is the one that you SHALL go home with, NOTHING MORE!

I want politicians to know that everyone votes' counts especially MINE because I have great interest in the development of Malaysia. Not because I think we can do it, BUT ONLY BECAUSE I WAS BORN HERE. THIS IS WHERE I BELONG. So don't go running along your pathetic bank account, asking me to go back to India or Sri Lanka BECAUSE I AM GOING NOWHERE when you are around spending my parents' money on your kids' Ben10 watches and HSM bags along with your wife's Prada and Gucci. HELL No! Thank God also that the 'papa' is out of his seat after sitting on that torn chair for the past three decades! ALL HAIL CHANGE! Never mind his contributions but I think the young guns ought to take over now. We are much more practical and united as compared to you bunch who have 1Malaysia only in your mouths. We had it even before you said it but the most important thing is we had it in our hearts that was filled with friendship and love. You bunch on the other hand, had it in your heads filled with money and position. Why!!!! Doesn't the saying 'With great power, comes great responsibility', mean ANYTHING TO YOU??

Are you even listening to us, youths? With all those emails, I have never once succumbed to its persuasion but just DELETED it whenever I sense the propaganda of a stupid few trying to spread the flu around! Too bad my belief for this country is like a cancer-spreadable and CANNOT be 'cured' with those stupid emails! If you try to further divide us with your hate notes and petitions, try harder because it AIN'T working, brotha! Many adults say that there can never be a group of friends that they had had during their time-undivided and united. Let me clarify that we DO have that in us! It's just that we are SICK and TIRED of you oldies playing the race card every time anything happens! Gosh..do you ever listen to yourselves? But then again i forgot that your cotton buds are made out of money..so I can't 'blame' you then! DO YOUR JOB FOR WHAT ITS WORTH!

I believe that we will prosper but I don't want villains in my country, especially the ones that are contributing to corruption, waste of public funds and abuse of power! Call me delusional or whatever you wanna call me because I don't give a damn. I will fight! I will! Watch out, 'uncles' and 'aunties' in the cabinet because Thanges will come!

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me

I'm more than bird
More than a plane
More than some pretty face beside a train
Its not easy
To be me.

(Superman, Five for Fighting)

No comments: